Hello,

I am trying to put some validation using active records onto form
fields.
like this -

validates_length_of  :tag_list,   :maximum => 2

When i provide value of tag_list as "abc" then it gives the proper
message
that length cannot be more than two. And when i provide value of
tag_list as
"abc xyz" then my application accepts the data, which should not happen
because the complete length of input data is more than 2.
So i think when i include space in input data then it counts the words
and
if space is not there in input than the charcters will be counted.

Could anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance!!