Moonshine takes Capistrano and makes it insanely easy, if you are
running on an Ubuntu VPS or dedicated server (think Slicehost or
similar).

I gave a talk recently at SD Ruby that is a good overview of what it
does:
http://jarinheit.com/a-talk-i-gave-at-sd-ruby-deploying-rails-apps

Jarin Udom
Robot Mode LLC