For that particular search, you'll have to build your own search
queries. The only other option is to load all records into memory and
filter by the age instance method, but of course you don't want to do
that.

Searchlogic will still make the search easier though. You can convert
the age from an integer into a datetime object and use it in a
Searchlogic search like so:

age = 29

User.birthdate_greater_than(age.years.ago).birthdate_less_than((age -
1).years.ago).all

Hope this helps!

Jarin Udom
Robot Mode LLC