So I've never really found a solution I like for making async tcp
connections from inside a running rails app, and was curious if anyone else
has had any luck.  When running fairly large scale rails apps we always end
up needing this.  The only thing I've tried so far that really works is to
run an eventmachine reactor inside rails.  Anyone have experience with
Neverblock?  Haven't tried that yet.  Revactor looks like it hasn't gotten
any love in quite a while.  There is a non blocking http library based on
curl out there we tried (can't remember the name), but it had some issues we
never resolved.

Chris