http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Helpers/UrlHelper.html#M001597

> Please, is it possible passing a local variable (specifically of type
> "integer") from a view to controller using the "link_to" function

Although, this is not passing a local variable from the view to the
controller. The link_to helper will generate a new request/response
cycle. Any context you had will be lost, which is why your value must be
passed as either part of the query string or as form data.

Example from the above doc reference:

  link_to "Nonsense search", searches_path(:foo => "bar", :baz =>
"quux")
  # => <a href="/searches?foo=bar&amp;baz=quux">Nonsense search</a>

As noted by Hassan when you read your value from the params hash it will
be a string. Use params[:my_value].to_i to get your FixNum value from
inside your controller action.