On Thu, 2010-03-11 at 03:19 +0100, John Wu wrote:
> Thank you so much for your help!
>
> I am finally able to install pdftk. I have a question about how to send
> pdf to browser directly.
>
> my code is here:
>
> pdf_output = `pdftk #{filename} fill_form #{fdf.path} output`
> respond_to do |format|
>     format.pdf do
>         send_data pdf_output, :filename => filename,
>                                  :type => "application/pdf"
>     end
> end
>
> But the browser can not open the pdf. It says it is empty.
>
> What is the correct way to do this?
----
I've always used send_file myself, send_data might work but I have no
experience with it but I think you're being sloppy with your command...

pdf_output = `pdftk some_file_name.pdf \
                    fill_form some_file_name.fdf \
                    output some_new_file_name.pdf`

send_file "some_new_file_name.pdf",
  :type => "application/pdf",
  :disposition => 'inline'

note that you will have to 'path' the pdf & fdf files all relative to
the 'public' folder.

Craig

believed to be clean.