> But it *is* a Membership object... ?:-/
>
> But if you *have* to have it as a Product for some reason, you can use
> the ActiveRecord::Base "becomes" method:
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Base.html#M002334
It's a Membership indeed, but in the admin section of my app, I don't
need to recode a specific controller for memberships, they can use the
products_controller which is fine and defining :controller => "products"
won't do the trick as some actions cannot be shared.

#becomes is exactly what I was looking for, I didn't know about this
method and it's not featured in AWDWR 3rd Ed.

Thanks!