How can I protect static assets behind authentication.
I'm familliar with protecting dynamic pages but how to protect static
files?

An example would be : someone login to my application, upload a
picture and authorize only some users to see this picture.
How to avoid someone to access the picture, even if this pperson knows
the correct url of the file.

The solution is probably to let rails handle static files, but how to
force this behavior and how to handle differents file types (probably
through sendfile).

Greetz