I have several questions and i need clear understanding on how i should
approach them, my target is for creating something called "fakebook",
facebooks copy but not going live at all (uni project).

Security Question
This is the code that helps me protect my "user/index"..

private
  def protect
  unless session[:user_id]
      flash[:notice] = "Please Login to view this page, or Register if
you do not have an account!"
      redirect_to :action => :login
    return false

It works perfectly, as it checks for the session ID and when it finds
the user is logged in, he can view the user/index (another code is
placed on top with this).
Otherwise, they cannot view it and it takes them to the login page and a
flash message is displayed.

When the user is logged in, i want it to redirect the "user/register"
and "user/login" to the "user/index", and if they are NOT logged in,
they can view them. I have done this with the IF command in my menu but
physically they can type the address aka user/register or user/login and
view them again.

How can i redirect this?

thank you for your help!

-Guru