Hi, I'm going to give a talk on Rails to my campus ACM group in about two
weeks. I'm trying to think of ideas. The 15 minute blog is great, and I'd
kind of like to do something like that, but I can't do better than DHH or
Ryan have, and if they look into it more, they'll come across that pretty
quickly.

I can do some live examples like that, or I can do a keynote / powerpoint
style presentation.

Does anyone have any ideas for something simple enough to go through in an
hour, for someone with intermediate Rails skills, that would give a basic
idea of how Rails works?

If you were going to give a presentation, what kinds of things would you
talk about? My audience will mostly be non web developers, and the web
developers that will be there will mostly be php and possibly Java. They'll
all be CS students, grad and undergrad, possibly a professor or two, but not
very likely. Maybe 20-30 people.

Any ideas or advice are welcome, thanks :)
-Josh