On 23 March 2010 09:57, Michael Pavling <pavl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22 March 2010 14:11, Justin <soniknewme...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I didn't know about www-data, but your suggestion still didn't work.

I just checked a server I have here (Ubuntu 9.04LTS) and the directory
ownership is slightly different to what I said.
I've got it as:
chown -R root.www-data my_rails_app

Also worth checking the permissions of the log folder, and if there's
log files in there, check their perms - delete them if necessary and
see if the app recreates them once all the ownership is set.