Hi guys: I'm trying to get both jQuery (specifically in this example
with prettyphoto but would like to use other jquery elements as well)
and prototype to work together but none of the docs I see online seem to
be working for me. Here is my application layout:

<head>
  <%= javascript_include_tag "tooltip" %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag 'jquery' %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag "jquery.prettyPhoto" %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag 'application' %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag 'prototype' %>
  <%= javascript_include_tag 'scriptaculous' %>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
  $(document).ready(function(){
  $("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto();
});
</script>

I looked here and I tried that:

http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries

By editing the prettyphoto block like so:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
        jQuery.noConflict();
  jquery(document).ready(function(){
  jquery("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto();
});
</script>

but once I did that, all my prototype helpers died.

Can anyone point me to a solution? Ideally, I like to keep all of my
prototype helpers in place  and also use jquery ui plugins like
prettyphoto, date/time pickers, and the rest.

Thanks...Chris