It can by manage if you you using AJAX, and it's many ways to do it,
there one:

just show some <div id='waiter' style='dislpay:none'>pleas wait</div>
on 'ajax start' event and hide this one on 'ajax end' event.

If you choose jqure (jquery.com) it would look like:

   $(this).show();
 });

      $(this).hide();
      });