> ?! "not sure"? Use `ps` and find out. Then su to that user and try the
> operation manually.
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
> twitter: @hassan

I've checked the users...

ruby runs under root
passenger runs under root
httpd runs under daemon

I've had the folder permissions set to 777 and ownership changed to
daemon and to root and still reports a permission denied error.

I have my folder for temporary upload files owned by daemon and it works
fine.

I have the production.log file owned by daemon and it can write to that
file.

But still can't seem to find the right ownership/permissions to allow
new folders and files created after upload.

Very odd.