If I may jump in, I'm interested in understanding why you would do this kind of
database job with Ruby vs. an extra SQL query.
I had the feeling that it would be wiser (and would execute faster) to delegate
the job to the database engine

But I'm kind of amateur.

Thanks to anyone who is willing to put some light for me

Christophe