You'll need to write a custom validation, I think, if you want to
highlight more than 1 field for a given condition.

if end_time < start_time
  errors.add :start_time, 'your message here'
  errors.add :start_time, 'your message here'
end

What I have never tried is to hightlight a field without a message so,
in your case, having a unique error message (and no extra empty lines
in the messages section) but 2 fields highlighted at the same time.