On 22 April 2010 15:22, Tom Ha <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Suppose I submit an object called "task" from a form with...
>
>  task[enddate(1i)]  ->  2011
>  task[enddate(2i)]  ->  3
>  task[enddate(3i)]  ->  1
>
> ...how do I set the value 'params[:task][:enddate]' to 'nil' in the
> controller?
>
> I tried...
>
>  params[:task][:enddate] = nil
>
> ...but that doesn't seem to "empty" the attribute 'enddate'. What am I
> getting wrong?

It is difficult to see how that line could not set
params[:task][:enddate] to nil, assuming it did not generate an error
such as it would if params[:task] were nil.  Are you sure it is
executing that line of code?  You could break in at that point using
ruby-debug and check.  See the rails guide on debugging for how to do
it (google rails guides).

Colin