> Yes. I think you are totally missing how the Web works :-)
Funny,  but oh so true!

> The params hash represents name/value pairs passed from a client
> (browser, typically) to your server, either as a GET request's query
> string, or as body parts of a POST request.
This is definitely one of the things I haven't gotten into my head.

> put it in session
I'm ready to add some version of an authenticated user,  Authlogic, I
think.  That should give me a session as my repository

> store it in the DB
Ok,  I could script/generate another a model, etc for another table
with CRUD methods.

> hidden field in a form.
I see plenty of info on this via Google, which I'll look into in time.

OK,  I see several potential solutions to my problem.  I'm going to
suspend this issue until I complete the user's creation and packaging
a version 1 deliverable.

Many thanks,
Richard