Hi Max,

The snippet you were trying might work for SQLite but not for mysql. I doubt
Rails directly supports the declaration of foreign key constraints through
ruby code.

So you have take the db specific sql way of adding and executing the foreign
key constraints.

You can try adding the following to the migration script, to be executed on
mysql db.

execute "alter table line_items add constraint fk_line_item_products foreign
key (product_id) references products(id)"

Thanks.