I understand their position, but don't you think it's kinda weird to just
leave it like that... No operations or anything.. Ruby is all about
readability, and to just type the name of the object without performing any
operations on it is not really natural. It's like, what the heck is it doing
just sitting there like that? Why even waste the time typing it at all if it
doesn't do anything?

Question: Doesn't Ruby automatically return the object you were last
operating on? So, we could do whatever we want to the object we created, and
just let it return the object automagically?

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Joe Smith <unknown_kev_...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Joshua Martin wrote:
>
>> Also, you should put return li at the end; you
>> don't have to, but it just makes the code easier to read.
>>

> Oddly most ruby style guides I've seen disagree with this. They recommend
> using return only if one is returning from the middle of the function.

Joshua S. Martin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This e-mail message, including any attachment(s),
contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney
client or other legal privileges, and or proprietary non public information.
If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized
assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to
this message and then delete it from your system. Use, dissemination,
distribution, or reproduction of this message and or any of its attachments
(if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.