On 15 May 2010 08:28, Manish Nautiyal <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am getting this problem when I run this code in server. In my
> localhost everything is running fine. But when I deploy my code in the
> server it shows me the error. I am using FERRET SERARCH IN MODEL.
>
> NameError in CompetitorsController#index
>
> uninitialized constant CompetitorsController::Competitor
>
> RAILS_ROOT: /home/troche/mrecip_tool/releases/20091219131859
> Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace
>
> /opt/ruby_enterprise/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:102:in
> `const_missing'
> /home/troche/mrecip_tool/releases/20091219131859/app/controllers/competitors_controller.rb:19:in
>

> My controller is
>
> class CompetitorsController < ApplicationController
>
>  include AuthenticatedSystem
>  layout 'application'
>
>  auto_complete_for :proscribed, :competitor
>  auto_complete_for :fee_earner, :fee_earner
>
>  protect_from_forgery :only => [:tag]
>
>  before_filter :login_required, :only => [:index, :show, :new, :edit]
>
>  @@total_company = 70
>

>  # GET /competitors
>  # GET /competitors.xml
>  def index
>   �...@compet = Competitor.find(:all)   ### GETTING ERROR IN THIS LINE

Have you checked that there is a competitors table in the production
database (perhaps you forgot to run the migrations on that db as
Hassan suggested)?
Also check that the file app/models/competitors.rb is present on the
production server and restart the server.
You have not answered Hassan's question:
What happens if you open a console and try `Competitor.find(:all)` ?
(on the production server)

Colin