Hi guys. So I have a few models: Concept, Entity, Dimension, Rating,
User and Fact

1) Concepts can have many dimensions and many entities and many facts.
2) Concepts may share dimensions, but not entities or facts (so the
Concept universities can share the Dimension quality but not the Fact
num_students.
3) A rating is determined by allowing a user to rate each dimension
defined over the concept the entity belongs to.

I'm trying to design the relationships on paper before starting, and I
thought I'd run it by you guys for suggestions, improvements, advice,
etc (I'm quite new to rails and ruby).

def Dimension
  has_and_belongs_to_many :concepts
  # for the ratings table
  has_many :ratings
  has_many :entities, :through => :ratings
  has_many :users, :through => :ratings
def Fact
def Entity
  # for the ratings table
  has_many :ratings
  has_many :dimensions, :through => :ratings
  has_many :users, :through => :ratings
def Concept
  has_and_belongs_to_many :dimensions
  has_many :entities, :dependent => :destroy
  has_many :facts, :dependent => :destroy
def User
  # for the ratings table
  has_many :ratings
  has_many :dimensions, :through => :ratings
  has_many :entities, :through => ratings
def Rating
  # the ratings table also has a value field when a user rates an
entity's dimension
  belongs_to :dimensions
  belongs_to :users
  belongs_to :entities