On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 5:23 AM, RubyonRails_newbie
<craigwest...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> You've writtten comments.create :id => params[:body] which I assume
>> isn't what you wanted.
>
> Well- i'd started to follow a tutorial, but didn't quite understand
> it.
> ANy idea what id should be to allow it to save?
>
> I've tried many combinations of the id, :user_id, body etc and when I
> change it, the null value shifts to the user_id, or the blogpost_id.
>
> I'm probably missing something really simple, but i was looking at
> this all last night! :-)

The id gets assigned automatically when a new record is saved, and
create saves the record.

def comment

   @user = User.find(session[:user_id])

    Blogpost.find(params[:id]).comments.create(:body =>
params[:body], :user => @user)

Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick
Twitter: @RickDeNatale