Ok, I am thinking search by title, then the results are sorted by
date, so I want to label pages by date.
There's a series of screenshots at http://www.flickr.com/photos/21409...@n08/
to show what I mean.

If I expect lots of search results in a field to be identical, then I
like to index by some other logical ordering. If that's not possible,
then "title" must be the only identifier that is human-readable. In
that case, how does the user decide which one he wants even after he
searches?

Ron