B. S. essential.  If that rang up as ‘bubble sort’ or better still
Bjarne Stroustrup, then read on.

We are looking for a funny, intuitive, out-of-the box thinker and risk-
taker…Ruby expertise would be good too.  Most importantly, you can
read our functional requirements, understand how these need to be
presented to the user, then throw out our 75-page SRS and let your
imagination take over.

We are a small, NYC-based organization that needs you to design and
build our online exchange.  We see the world very differently and hope
to portray that in everything we do…. from an intuitive, user-friendly
site, its fantastic front-end design by a freelance designer (who
doesn’t work for the man) to its unique function that will reduce
pollution.
Join us and let’s partner to make this happen.  You will not work for
us remotely…but may work with us from anywhere in the world.  We love
small, independent developers and would prefer to work with them
directly.  Agents, headhunters, “project managers”, consultants, and
anyone planning on getting rich, off someone else’s work, more power
to you, but please excuse.  We hope to have this prototype done by
Aug15, 2010, tested and ready for transactions by Oct 15.  Our budget
for this is $3k and we are estimating a total 125 – 150 hours.  We
will move onto designing the full site immediately thereafter, so it’s
important that you care about what we are hoping to do and see us as
your partner.

P. S. redundant stuff that is probably worth mentioning, knowledge of
query design (via SQL/Rails), REST, SOAP and some basic stuff:
relational databases, Javascript, xhtml.

We hope you are not so jaded to see this fun and thoughtful posting as
a scam.