Hi !

I have a ruby server set up running Ruby v1.8.7 and those gems :
actionmailer (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
actionpack (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
activerecord (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
activeresource (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
activesupport (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
fastthread (1.0.7)
haml (3.0.12, 2.0.6)
mysql (2.8.1)
passenger (2.2.14, 2.2.9)
rack (1.1.0, 1.0.1)
rails (2.3.8, 2.3.5, 2.3.3)
rake (0.8.7)
restful_authentication (1.1.6)

The web server used is NGinx running on port 8443 ; transactions are
made with HTTPS.

I'm facing a serious issue : when the developped site is browsed with
firefox, eveything is clean and fast. When browsed with IE, it is
verrrryyyy sloooowwww (more than a minute for each page to show). I
checked various parameters on the server, in the browser, checked the
logs,but I'm running out of idea.

Has one of you faced a problem like it before ?

Could you propose a way to determine where the bottleneck is ?

The only thing I havent done is install a packet sniffer to investigate
the transactions ...

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks a lot,

Nicolas