Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2010, at 3:10 PM, Abder-rahman Ali wrote:
>

>>> In the view file.  Find the file that has the form and then look for
>>> date_select and add the options...
>>
>> If you mean the "views" folder, there is nothing actually on it. Just
>> *.html.erb
>
> Right.  And one of those .html.erb files will have the field you want...

I found the date_select, but got the following error. Any ideas?

compile error
/Users/abder/Desktop/RoR
projects/student_info/app/views/students/new.html.erb:16: syntax error,
unexpected ':', expecting ')'
...year=>1950, :end_year=>2010) :dob ).to_s); @output_buffer.co...

Extracted source (around line #16):

13:   </p>
14:   <p>
15:     <%= f.label :dob %><br />
16:     <%= f.date_select(:start_year=>1950, :end_year=>2010) :dob %>
17:   </p>
18:   <p>
19:     <%= f.label :major %><br />

Thanks.