Sadeesh Viswanthan wrote:
> Yes you could access the session variable in model. Paste the below
> code in application.rb
> --------------
> around_filter :you_dont_have_bloody_clue
>
>   protected
>
>   def you_dont_have_bloody_clue
>     klasses = [ActiveRecord::Base, ActiveRecord::Base.class]
>     methods = ["session", "cookies", "params", "request"]
>
>     methods.each do |shenanigan|
>       oops = instance_variable_get(:"@_#{shenanigan}")
>
>       klasses.each do |klass|
>         klass.send(:define_method, shenanigan, proc { oops })
>       end
>     end
>
>     yield
>
>     methods.each do |shenanigan|
>       klasses.each do |klass|
>         klass.send :remove_method, shenanigan
>       end
>     end
>
>   end
>
> Now continue using the session variable in model. It works for me.
> Thanks,
> Sadeesh.

If I had a programmer working on my team and I ran across code like
this, well he wouldn't be working on my team long. Just saying.

I am firmly rooted in the camp where model code is decoupled from
external data such as session, request or whatever else is the
responsibility of the View or Controller layers.