On 6 July 2010 17:18, emptyset <empty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks!  I updated my answer on SU and linked to this post.  My best
> guess is that:
>
>  apt-get install ruby rdoc libopenssl-ruby build-essential
>
> Doesn't quite cover everything that's needed to run gem
> effectively...ruby-full on a clean VM install worked great.  Much
> appreciated.
>
> A guide which I found useful after failing to install properly (I have not
created the gem symlink) is http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1459056.
Covers pretty much everything I ended up doing through trial and error. Took
about 30 mins from start to finish.

Note: - where it gives the link to get rubygems don't forget to check for
the latest version and modify the command to match.