Try this: http://github.com/datanoise/actionwebservice

I believe they took the original Rails actionwebservice product and
they are keeping at it. I had to work with web services (consuming
them, not providing them) and had lots of problems with the original
Rails version. I still had some problems with this one because of
other gem requirements and had to hack it to make it work for what I
needed but got it working.

Good luck.