swetha wrote:
> I want to know ,what factors are involved in checking the performance
> of our code in rails 2.3.5 and above versions?
>
> And also whats the difference between rails 2.3.5 and earlier
> versions ?

Are you having performance and/or scaling problems right now? If not
then you don't have a performance or scaling problem.

I'd take the 37signals approach and deploy a beta of your application,
and attach New Relic (or similar) performance monitoring to it. Then
worry about performance or scaling issues when New Relic tells you that
you have a problem.

http://gettingreal.37signals.com/ch04_Its_a_Problem_When_Its_a_Problem.php

That being said, common sense still applies. A good test suite,
benchmarking and thorough code reviews may point out some obvious
bottlenecks and misguided implementations.