Pål Bergström wrote:
>>   def index
>>     @users = User.all
>>     @cookie_count = cookies.size
>>     @user_name_cookie = cookies[:user_name] if @cookie_count > 0
>>   end
> I don't want to set a cookie. That's never been a problem. I would like
> to read a cookie and get the value into models so I can access it when
> using a before_save.

I though I had made that clear. You read the cookie value as shown in
above index method of the controller then you pass that value to the
model object.

If you don't know how to pass a variable to a method, then I'd suggest
learning something about Ruby before you try to write a Rails
application. I don't know how to make this any more clear.