> We are stuck with following error thrown at us by passenger:
> git://github.com/odorcicd/authlogic.git (at rails3) is not checked out.
> Please run `bundle install` (Bundler::PathError)

We have exactly the same problem with slightly different server config.
Somehow Bundler, Passenger or whatever is not finding gems which are
installed directly from git repos. If I vendor git gems like this:

gem "state_machine", :path => 'vendor/git/state_machine'

instead of

gem "state_machine", :git =>
'git://github.com/pluginaweek/state_machine.git'

gems are loaded, but that's not a good solution for a long run since we
have about 10 gems from git repos.

It seems that Bundler or Passenger has difficulties to load git gems
because they are not installed to same gem directory. "bundle show"
gives this output:

bundle show rspec-core (gem from git repo)
/opt/ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2010.01/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/bundler/gems/rspec-core-3c32ce5

bundle show thin (gem from rubygems)
/opt/ruby-enterprise-1.8.7-2010.01/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/thin-1.2.7

Any help would be appreciated. Should I somehow add 'bundler/gems'
directory to some path variable or what?