On 4 August 2010 02:43, suzuki <elle.on.ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> if i understand your question properly, i get a page with a partial,
> where the partial area displays a 404 error ("The page you were
> looking for doesn't exist.  You may have mistyped the address or the
> page may have moved.")  i expect (but don't want!) this, since routing
> is parsing my intentions all wrong, as described earlier.

Please don't top post, it is easier to follow the thread if you insert
your reply at the appropriate point.
I think Fred wants to see the html of the page, you can see this using
View, Page Source (or similar) in the browser.

You can check that the html is valid (a good thing to check first when
strange things happen) by copying the complete html from the View
Source window and pasting it into the w3c html validator web site.

Colin

Colin