On 10-08-07 04:33 PM, Tony Mr wrote:

> Can ruby be on anything else besides rails?

There are other web frameworks for it, if that's what you mean.
Someone already mentioned Sinatra.  Then there's the whole Rack
interface.

Ruby is also quite useful on its own for general scripting purposes.
(I'll leave it to the zealots to compare it to Perl, Python, etc.)
Right now I have a project at work to use it to read in some XML files
and spit the info back out in CSV format.  (Yeah, that's trivial, but
you can do a lot more with it.)

-Dave

--
Specialization is for insects. -RAH  | Have Pun, Will Babble! -me
Programming Blog: http://codosaur.us | Work: http://davearonson.com