Gregor <gregor.mit...@...> writes:

> On 2 Jun., 02:10, Hassan Schroeder <hassan.schroe...@...> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Gregor <gregor.mit...@...> wrote:
> > > Sorry for that, but first I gone the wrong way and after some hours I
> > > noticed how easy it is to install rails.. I use the command "ruby
> > > script/server". How do I see if webrick starts?
> >
> > prompt% script/server webrick
> >
> > > Output of "gem list --local":
> >
> > > actionmailer (2.3.8)
> > > actionpack (2.3.8)
> > > activerecord (2.3.8, 2.3.4)
> > > activeresource (2.3.8)
> > > activesupport (2.3.8, 2.3.4, 2.2.3)
> >
> > Whatever "wrong way" you started out with, you might want to just
> > `sudo gem uninstall rails` completely, and then re-install it.
> >
> > Did you create your test project before or after you installed the 2.3.8
> > version of Rails?
> >
> > --
> > Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@...
> > twitter: @hassan
>
> Yeah, I re-installed rails and it doesn't work at all. The project was
> created after installing version 2.3.8 and it's a riddle to me, why
> there are different versions of some packages.

I am having the same problem on on Ubuntu. Did you find a solution?

script/server

fails with

=> Booting Mongrel
=> Rails 2.3.8 application starting on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Call with -d to detach
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server
Exiting
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rack-1.1.0/lib/rack/handler/mongrel.rb:10:in
`initialize': wrong number of arguments (5 for 4) (ArgumentError)

While script/server webrick works fine.

cheers,
Morten