Scott Le gendre wrote:
Hello all. I've been working through some online tutorials, learning ROR
and have a question on scaffolding. Through the command promt i've ran
the command:

$ script/generate scaffold Albums

[snip]

So, the question is, why isnt it filling out the code I had expected? I
have over come a lot of issues, mainly because of the tutorial i am
walking through is using an older version of ROR. This issue I cant find
an answer on. Anyone have any ideas that could point me in the right
direction?

Thanks!

The main thing to remember is that scaffold is just a tool used to build your app, it wont build it for you. It is intended to be temporary, just like a scaffold in other building trades. You use it to get a starting framework, and then customize it to get your final product.

As Colin pointed out, you can give it some arguments to help it tell which fields to create, and then it will include those fields in all of the files it produces, but with out those hints, it has no way of knowing what you wanted it to create.

So use it to get started, but then be prepared to do the work your self.

-- Will