On Aug 29, 11:39 am, José Ignacio <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> This last evaluation is wrong, and breaks equality checks and
> expressions such as @conversation.users.include?(some_user)
>
> If I enable class caching, the problem disappears (but that's not
> ideal for development). Maybe I'm doing something that breaks
> @reflection in association_proxy.rb? Any ideas?

Sounds like you might be breaking class reloading somehow. It's
possible to do this in such a way that you have both new and old
versions of a class, which are then not equal. In the past I've found
explicit require statements (rather than require_dependency) could do
that (because require doesn't (or at least didn't) invoke the
dependency stuff at all). Models in plugins can also do this, because
typically plugins aren't reloaded, so if you have an association
between a plugin model (that doesn't get reloaded) and an application
model (which does) then weird stuff happens.

Fred