On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 08:57, pauld <paul.denlin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just wanted to append some more information.
>
> Looks like after the rails server starts, it doesn't hand control back
> to bash in the terminal. Say this because the normal prompt signs
> don't show up in bash. So the question becomes why doesn't it hand
> control back to bash, and how can this be changed?
>
> Thank you.
>
> On Aug 30, 8:11 am, pauld <paul.denlin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > After Rails 3 was just released today, I downloaded it and followed
> > the instructions on Rails Guide for building my first app at Getting
> > Started with Railshttp://guides.rubyonrails.org/getting_started.html
> >
> > Everything worked fine until I got to 4.2 Say "Hello" Rails. Entered
> > the "rails generate home controller index" command, and nothing
> > happened. When I hit Command-C to quit the server, nothing happened
> > either.
> >
> > No error messages.
> >
> > What happened?

Well, some questions came up after read through your post.
1. Have you input "rails s" or "rails server" at your bash? I mean have you
started your rails server yet?
2. What do you mean when you generate home controller, nothing happens? No
error message in terminal and in browser?
3. Maybe it's your typo, but shouldn't it be "rails generate controller home
index" not "rails generate home controller index"?