Hi radhames, thanks for the feedback. Given that I'm new and the above
is not correct, would it be possible to see what you suggest for:

class Instance < ActiveRecord::Base
        has_many        :users
        has_many        :books
end
class User < ActiveRecord::Base
        belongs_to :instance
        has_many   :books, :order => "created_at DESC"
        has_many        :instance_books, :through
=> :instance, :source => :books,
                                                :order => "created_at
DESC"
.
.
end
class Book < ActiveRecord::Base
        belongs_to  :user
        belongs_to  :instance
end

The relationship goes like this: Instance > User > Book
Instance is a collection of user's from a company, based on their
domain name example (abc.com)
The idea is for only abc.com user's to see their books, which is why
the books table has a instance_id value

Recommendations? on the above?