There is one person who is interested in writing RoR backend for
elFinder http://elrte.org/redmine/boards/1/topics/1054 (page is in
Russian, google translate can handle it).

I'm one of the developers of elFinder, you can ask any questions and I
will be glad to help implement elFinder on RoR.

Btw web2py team already helped a lot to implement python connector.