Group,

This might very well be Rails 102 stuff, but it's doing my little head
in.

Simple request - I want to create a link within my View to fire off a
system call to run an external program.

In this example it's pretty easy - run a Windows system command that
simply starts something (it's not what I'm trying to achieve but it's
an easy debug method):

  def method_to_run
    system('start dir > test.txt')
  end

How the *heck* do I link to this method within my View?

A simple <%= link_to feature, :method => method_to_run %> results in
the following error:

<pre>
undefined local variable or method `method_to_run' for #<#<Class:
0x46c3248>:0x46c1808>
</pre>

Jason