I'm pretty new to rails and I having troubling finding examples on how
to setup email registration with Authlogic (rails3 ruby 1.9.) (I have
authlogic working fine with Rails3  minus the email registration
part.)

The Authlogic docs seem pretty weak in helping me understand 'what I
need to do.' but maybe since I'm new I'm just missing something.

I did find this tutorial
http://github.com/matthooks/authlogic-activation-tutorial/blob/master/README.textile
but I'm curious about something in it -

In step5 it mentions:

added to app/models/notifier.rb
#then code follows

But I didn't see anywhere even in the tutorial where a Notifier model
was created? Is this Notifier class something Authlogic is supposed to
create for me somehow and then I just edit  it?

I'm getting pretty lost with this Authlogic stuff because I understand
a lot of "magic" just happens - but I'm not finding examples how to
set things up. The Authlogic example
http://github.com/binarylogic/authlogic_example/tree/master/app/
doesn't demonstrate email registration.

Would using Devise maybe be easier for me as a newbie?

Thanks,

--
Rick R