On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Walter McGinnis
<walter.mcgin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One difference that my code has (in the controller where @map object
> is initialized) is that it uses this:
>
> @map.center_zoom_on_points_init(*...@coordinates_for_results)

This indeed is the source of your problem I think. You code centers on
one specific point with a zoom level of 4.  If your markers don't fall
within the map's area as centered around this point at this zoom
level, they appear to not exist.  However, they are simply not
visible.

To test my theory, simply try zooming out and see if the other markers appear.

With multiple markers you almost certainly want to use the
center_zoom_on_points_init method to get a map that will show all
points.  There is a decent walk through of the process here:

http://www.codequest.eu/articles/google-maps-rails-and-solr-spatial-search

Cheers,
Walter