Howdy all,

I have spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to put
different pieces of our (quite large) app into components.

The idea was to use Rails 3 Engines/Railties and place them in /lib.
Each would have its own [app/views, app/helpers, app/models and app/
controllers]

We also needed an ability for those components to override views/
helpers/controllers in the parent "container app".

No luck there. Perhaps this snippet illustrates better what I was
trying to do:
http://pastie.org/1180038

Is it what engines/railties are for?
And if not, how can I "componentize" some of the partials we have?

Our app needs certain pieces present/removed depending on which
installation we do. Right now we have a bunch of if/elses that depend
on configuration, and it looks a bit ugly, so I wanted to take some
partials+controllers+models and move them into lib/xxx and then by
including/excluding a single "require lib/xxx" I was planning to
enable/disable them.

Is it possible?
Thank you