I was following along with Ryan Bates'  really great railscast on PDFkit
when I ran into a few problems installing wkhtmltopdf ( I also posted
about my problem in the episode comments). I was wondering if anyone
else has experienced similar problems or has any clues as to what is
going wrong. It is a rails 3 app, 1.9.2 running on snow leopard. I use
rvm

I added PDFkit to my gemfile and the appropriate config options to my
application.rb. I then tried to see if a could get a pdf version of one
of the pages in my app and I got the following action controller
exception

No wkhtmltopdf executable found at /usr/local/bin/wkhtmltopdf
>> Install wkhtmltopdf by hand or try running `pdfkit --install-wkhtmltopdf`

I tried installing using the command

pdfkit --install-wkhtmltopdf

this didn't go smoothly and I had to add the directory and change some
permissions but I got it installed. I'm still getting a permission
denied exception but as far as I can tell the file is rwx for all

It kind of feels like I have drifted down the wrong path completely with
this. If anyone has any pointers they would be greatly appreciated