Hi!

I an trying to setup ruby on rails with apache server on ubuntu server
10.04. I have followed toe guid on the ubuntu page.

My main app is located in:

/home/jonas/ruby/apps/rtest1/public

and I created a symlink to /var/www/app using the following command:

sudo ln -s /home/jonas/ruby/apps/rtest1/public /var/www/app

I have also reconfigured the owner of the /home/jonas/ruby/apps/rtest1/
public and /home/jonas/ruby/apps/rtest1/tmp to www:data.

this is my apache.conf file:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin webmas...@localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www
        RailsEnv production
        RailsBaseURI /app
        <Directory /app>
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                    Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

        # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error,
crit,
        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

But when I try to access my program through localhost/app I get error
404 and in the production.log i find:

Started GET "/app" for 192.168.1.3 at Tue Oct 05 18:18:24 +0200 2010

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/"):

All my php software still runs fine under localhost though.

This is probably easy to fix but I have been trying for days and still
can't get it to work, whats wrong?