i am having some issues around ruby-debug and rspec for rails3 so i
was doing a google search for a solution and came across this thread.
i'm sorry I couldn't miss your thoughts on rppec vs cucumber and don't
wanna play smarty pants here, i just think you cannot replace rppec
with cucumber because they are different tools really for different
purposes.

i am also using cucumber for testing my projects' integrity - hence
cucumber is for integration testing! - but also not lazy to write
specs for my controller tests. i found that writing unit tests with
rspec helps a lot while your project codebase grows and allows you to
identify failing scenarios much easier. i am also trying to be as
explicit in my tests as i can, covering edge cases etc.

i would not use rspec with integrated views - never been a big fan of
that - but would definitely keep writing unit tests with rspec2 and
cover integration testing with cucumber.

-- Attila