> i will change a label named "School Name" to "College Name" will I be
> able to change it using radrails or i have to go to my app directory and
> change it there in the particular file.

RadRails or any IDE will allow you to edit the files of your
application, so when you say 'using radrails or i have to go to my app
directory' does not make much sense because both things are one and
the same. The IDE goes to your application and opens the files in it
and when outside of the IDE you also go to your application and open
the files in it. Same difference.

Many people here don't like IDE's and like to just use a 'simpler'
editor. Many of them like TextMate. I find IDEs useful if only because
they allow you to search/replace easily any text within the project.
They also help with refactoring, etc.

If you need help with methods, classes, etc. help is usually just a
Ctrl+Space Bar or similar away in the IDE, but I personally prefer
going to 'apidock.com' and 'ruby-doc.org'.