When I run script/console I have to wait like 10 seconds to the console
to start.

When I run any of the tests in my rails app ('rake test' or whatever
else like AltShiftX+U in RadRaild) I also have to wait about
7-10 seconds for the testing itself to start.

This slows down my continues-development cycle. Is there any way to
speed up tests-framework startup in rails 2.3.5, 2.3.9 and ruby 1.8.7?

I would like the testing framework to startup in max 1 second. I am
doing TDD and I run tests several tomes a minute sometimes. If the
testing framework starts up 10 seconds it is not acceptable for me.

Thanks!
M.